Sunday, 2 November 2014

Audience Feedback and Evaluation

To create my front cover I used Adobe Photoshop which I found slightly challenging as there were so may tools and different settings. However, after a while I started to get more and more used to it and started to pick up a few things which allowed me to manipulate images and text. This was because the audience's immediate point of focus is going to be my model, which had to be a student and I had the responsibility of taking the pictures myself. A negative to this was that I struggled to find anywhere with a plain wall and good lighting, as a consequence of not finding good lighting the background of my magazine at first looked as if it had a red tone due to the brick wall in the background. Nevertheless, I adjusted saturation, brightness and colour replacement tools so that the background of my front cover conforms to my 3-colour scheme of Blue, black and red.

 In addition, I had to decide on a font for my masthead,cover lines, teasers e.t.c. I found this quite easy as I had a vision already of a simple but bold font which was easy to read, the reasons for this is so that it’s easy and clear for the reader to identify the magazine and it makes cover lines more attractive and eye-catching due to it's simplicity which gives the cover a sophisticate look as they don’t look too long or complicated. As well as choosing a font I had to pick a font colour which would make up a colour scheme for my magazine.

One of the main criticisms of my magazine cover was that it didn't look very neat and organised, I chose not to make it look too neat as I wanted my cover to have an aspect of informality so that it appeals to  the teenage readers.

1 comment:

  1. I assume this relates to the college magazine? It is quite brief but there are some realistic comments here. You haven't analysed or discussed the contents page at all. VC

    ReplyDelete